Effective June 15, 2021
The New York State Department of Health has updated its guidance on visitation to hospitals, allowing hospitals to expand in-person visitation. We are following the policy and guidelines outlined below, which have been put in place to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
General Inpatient Visitation
General visitation hours are from 11 am to 8 pm daily.
- Patients may have a total of two visitors per day from 11 am to 8 pm. Visitors may not rotate.
- All visitors must adhere to screening, handwashing and infection control guidelines. A mask must be worn at all times, including in the patient’s room.
- No eating or drinking is permitted in the patient’s room. However, visitors are welcome to purchase food in the cafeteria, Panera, Starbucks, the Gift Shop and Jamba Juice. They are allowed to eat in the cafeteria and must adhere to infection control and social distancing guidelines in designated areas.
- Visitors will not be allowed to visit patients with COVID-19, however we will continue to facilitate virtual visitation.
One visitor per patient in the Emergency Department is permitted.
- Inpatient Adult Psychiatry: Two visitors per patient are allowed from 2 to 3 pm.
- Inpatient Child Psychiatry: One visitor at a time and up to two visitors per day per patient are allowed from noon to 1 pm and 5 to 6 pm.
- Psychiatric Emergency Department: After the healthcare team completes a clinical assessment, supervised visitation for children and virtual visitation for adults will be allowed.
One visitor may accompany the patient.
Hospitals permit support persons at the patient bedside as per the NYS Department of Health guidelines for:
- Patients in Labor & Delivery
- Pediatric patients
- Patients for whom a support person has been determined to be essential to the care of the patient (medically necessary), including patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and patients with cognitive impairments including dementia
- Patients in imminent end-of-life situations
- Must provide their name and telephone number at the Information Desk in the event contact tracing is required.
- Will be discouraged from coming into the hospital with any type of large bag (tote bag, backpacks, overnight bags, etc.).
- Will be required to wear a snug-fitting mask that fully covers their nose and mouth while in the facility or will be declined visitation. Ear loop masks will be provided by the hospital.
- Will undergo symptom and temperature checks via thermal scanning upon entering the hospital (please remove hats). Visitors will also be asked health screening questions.
- Must remain in the patient room except when entering/exiting the hospital and leaving the patient’s room to eat in the cafeteria.
- Must practice hand hygiene and wash with soap and water for 20 seconds or sanitize their hands when entering and exiting a patient’s room.
- Must maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet throughout the visit.
- Visiting patients with COVID-19 must wear additional required PPE.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time. We know how important your family members and loved ones are to a patient's healing process and want to ensure a safe environment for everyone.