Anesthesiology is one of the great medical discoveries of humanity, allowing for the advancement of surgery and pain management. The scope of practice of anesthesiology includes obstetrical analgesia, acute and chronic pain therapy, cardiac anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia, intensive care, office-based anesthesia, and sedation and monitoring of patients undergoing GI, radiologic and ECT procedures. The Anesthesiologists, Residents and Nurse Anesthetists at Stony Brook Medicine are well trained to provide you with outstanding pain relief and care.
For more information, click on a link below.
- Anesthesia for Childbirth
- Anesthesia for Ambulatory Surgery
- Chronic Pain Care at the Center for Pain Management
- Anesthesia for Joint Replacement Surgery
- Anesthesia for Cardiac Surgery
For additional reading, browse the "Physician Anesthesiologists Save Lives" website sponsored by the American Society of Anesthesiologists.