Our Patient Guide to Vascular Surgery has been prepared especially for patients who have vascular surgery at Stony Brook University Hospital. Here the individual sections of it are provided to you:
- Your Vascular Surgery Team
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Planning for Surgery
- Information for Family and Friends
- While in the Hospital
- Helpful Telephone Numbers
- Discharge Information and Follow-Up
- What to Do at Home and What to Look For
Click here to see the patient guide in its entirety, with all of the above sections together.
Watch this video (3:14 min) featuring Dr. Angela A. Kokkosis who explains carotid artery disease and its treatment:
See Stony Brook Medicine's information sheet called "What You Should Know about Aortic Disease" to learn about the aorta and aortic problems we treat at the Stony Brook Aortic Center. Call 631-444-2683 for information about our next FREE public vascular screenings.