Maternal Fetal Medicine: Multiple Gestations
Whether your multiple pregnancy came as a big surprise or not, be prepared by choosing a hospital that can provide all the care both you and your babies will need.
Learn more about the NICU at Stony Brook Children’s Hospital.
Learn more about our Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
At Stony Brook University Hospital and Stony Brook Children’s, both part of Stony Brook Medicine, Suffolk County’s only academic medical center, our patients who are expecting multiples have access to:
- A New York State Department of Health-designated Regional Perinatal Center, with the best record of any Regional Perinatal Center in achieving growth of premature infants prior to discharge
- A large staff of Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists, trained to support the needs of women with high-risk pregnancies. Read about the Quigley triplets born at Stony Brook.
- A Coordinated Fetal Care Program that gives patients answers to their questions, offers support, obtains referrals, provides links to important resources and secures appointments at times and locations that are most convenient for parents-to-be
- Parenting education, including lactation support, designed specifically for families of multiples
- Four convenient locations throughout Suffolk County making it easier to get specialized care close to home
- A beautiful Labor & Delivery Suite, featuring 10 labor suites with private baths and recovery rooms
- Expanded maternity urgent care that can deal with any kind of obstetric emergency 24/7
- A 46-bed, all-private room Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) (adjacent to the Mother/Baby Unit) offering the highest level of neonatal and obstetrical care