CenteringPregnancy with the Stony Brook Midwives
CenteringPregnancy is prenatal care that includes an individual heath check-up with additional time and attention in a group setting. You'll meet with your healthcare provider and other woman who are due near the same time for 10 sessions during your pregnancy. CenteringPregnancy is a way for you to share learning and experiences with other pregnant women and to be involved in your own care.
- Learn more about pregnancy
- Be better prepared for birth
- Be better prepared to care for your baby
- Participate more in your healthcare
- Have more time with your provider
Each group visit lasts about 2 hours with your healthcare provider leading the session. Scheduling in advance makes planning for work and childcare easier.
- 96-97% of women surveyed prefer receiving their prenatal care in a group
- 33% likely to have a preterm baby
- High breastfeeding rates
To register or for more information about Centering at Stony Brook, please contact Christina D'Ambrose at 631-216-8656.