What is Gynecologic Ultrasound?
Gynecologic ultrasound is an imaging method that uses high frequency sound waves to produce an image of a woman’s bladder, uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix and ovaries. Ultrasound images can be used to diagnose and help treat conditions in the pelvis.
Types of Scans
- Transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic ultrasound
- 3D ultrasound
- Sonohysterosalpingography (sonoHSG) or Tubal Patency
Our team performs advanced ultrasound techniques to evaluate a range of gynecologic conditions.
- Uterine polyps
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Ovarian cysts
- Congenital uterine anomalies
- Infertility evaluation
- Localization of UD
Who Choose Us?
- All ultrasounds are performed by board-certified gynecologists
- Flexible appointment scheduling
- Prompt communication of results
- Follow-up services and consultation with our experts as needed
- Multiple convenient locations
The Gynecologic Ultrasound Specialists at Stony Brook Medicine combine clinical experience with diagnostic ultrasound expertise. Our team consists of highly trained physicians who specialize in gynecologic imaging. Established in 2000, the division is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine.
Locations and Appointment
Commack (Stony Brook Medicine's Advanced Specialty Care)
500 Commack Rd
6 Technology Dr
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (631) 444-4686, option 2