Sexuality, sex, and relationships are an important part of life. The American Sexual Health Association (ASHA) defines Sexual Health as the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality throughout our lives. According to ASHA, being sexually healthy means:
- Understanding that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more than sexual behavior.
- Recognizing and respecting the sexual rights we all share.
- Having access to sexual health information, education, and care.
- Making an effort to prevent unintended pregnancies and STIs and seek care and treatment when needed.
- Being able to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to communicate about sexual health with others including sexual partners and healthcare providers.
Explore the below resources to find out more about sexual health and healthy relationships: