Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I apply for a job at Stony Brook?
If this is your first time to the site, click here and select “New User” to create a new profile. Once a profile is created, you can search for a job and submit your application to Stony Brook.
If you are a returning applicant, click here to log in with your existing user name and password.
If you an existing Stony Brook employee, (Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island State Veterans Home, Stony Brook University or the Research Foundation at Stony Brook) , click here to log in with your NetID and password.
Please note: FSA, PEO and Student Employees are considered External Candidates.
Is an email address needed to apply for positions at Stony Brook?
Yes. To complete the online application, an email address is required. You will be notified by email to confirm the successful completion of your job application and if your application is forwarded for consideration.
How will I know if my online application was submitted successfully?
You will receive an email confirmation once you have completed the initial online application process and after successfully applying for a specific position.
How long will my online profile remain active?
Profiles stay active in the Stony Brook database indefinitely. We encourage you to go online to update your profile as needed to ensure your contact information and work history are current.
What happens after I submit my application for a position?
You will receive an email confirmation when you have successfully applied to an open position. Your application and qualifications will be reviewed by a recruiter or search committee where a decision will be made about candidates that are called to schedule an interview.
Where can I find salary information for open positions?
Salary information is not provided as part of the online job postings. The hiring department can provide this information during the selection process.
How do I check the status of my application?
You can log in to your account for an update on those positions to which you have applied.
When can I expect to hear about the status of my application?
You can monitor the status of your application online through your account. If your resume is forwarded to a hiring department for consideration, you will receive an email and your account will be updated. The hiring department reviews the applications and if the hiring department is interested in interviewing you, the department will contact you directly. Unfortunately because of the volume of applications Stony Brook receives, we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his or her application.
For Technical Taleo Assistance with completing the online application, password resets, or other technical assistance please visit https://sbu.cohost.com/portal/en/home.
You will need to create a User Name & Password to open a Ticket to receive Taleo assistance.
Our application system supports the following web browsers:
- IE 11 (64 bit) - Windows 7: Certified; Windows 8.1: Supported; Windows 10: Supported MAC
- Safari 11.1.2 - Windows OS: Not Supported MAC OS: Certified
- Safari 12.1.2 - Windows OS: Not Supported MAC OS: Supported
- Firefox 60.4.0 ESR - Windows OS: Certified MAC OS: Supported
- Firefox 64.0.2 - Windows OS: Certified MAC OS: Supported
- Chrome 64 - Windows OS: Certified MAC OS: Supported
- For Job Opportunities at Stony Brook Southampton click here: https://southampton.stonybrookmedicine.edu/careers
- For Job Opportunities at Clinical Practice Management Plan click here: https://www.stonybrookphysicians.com/html_community/careers/employment-opportunities.asp
- For Job Opportunities at Stony Brook Community Medical click here: https://www.stonybrookmedicine.edu/community-medical/careers
Stony Brook University/SUNY is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer.