Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing, Social Welfare, and Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences — and more than 90 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County.
With 624 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Stony Brook Medicine comprises
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Stony Brook Children’s Hospital
- Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine
- Stony Brook University School of Health Technology and Management
- Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook
- Stony Brook University School of Nursing
- Stony Brook University School of Social Welfare
- More than 90 outpatient care sites throughout Suffolk County
Stony Brook Medicine is also home to:
- Stony Brook University Heart Institute
- Stony Brook University Cancer Center
- Stony Brook University Neurosciences Institute
- Stony Brook University Digestive Disorders Institute
- Stony Brook Trauma Center
Click here to learn more about us.