Carol M Baldwin Breast Center — a designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence offering some of the latest technological advances in breast imaging in a patient centered, caring environment.
- Our staff of board-certified radiologists have a combined experience of more than 80 years in women’s breast health.
- is dedicated to breast imaging, with expertise in mammography, breast ultrasound and breast MRI.
- Skilled in interventional breast procedures.
- Our caring registered mammography technologists are dedicated full time to caring for breast imaging patients.
- Ultrasound — The Carol M. Baldwin Breast Center is one of the first in New York State to have an automated whole breast ultrasound system to help aid in the early detection of cancer in women with dense breast tissue.
- MRI — State-of-the-art MRI is available, and we await with anticipation the eminent arrival of the Sentinelle MRI breast coil. We anticipate that this cutting edge addition to our diagnostic arsenal will deliver the highest quality images, provided our radiologist with new diagnostic and research tools.
- The Stony Brook difference
- Interdisciplinary team of experts meets regularly to discuss care in order to optimize patient care and management