The Division of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery (ENT) provides a full range of specialized ENT care for both adults and children with disorders of the ear, nose, and throat.
For more information or to schedule a consultation call 631 444 4121
Advanced Specialty Care
Division of Otolaryngology
Stony Brook Cancer Center
- Keith Chadwick, MD
- Lukasz Czerwonka, MD, FACS
- Huseyin Isildak, MD
- Sonya Marcus, MD
- Ghassan J. Samara, MD, FACS
- David A. Schessel, MD, PhD
- Christopher Vanison, MD, FACS
We use the most advanced techniques in minimally invasive and endoscopic surgery; subspecialty care in the disorders and diseases of the neuro-sensory system including taste, smell, hearing, and balance; and management of deformities and diseases of the airway in newborns, children, and adults.
We are joined by our physician colleagues at Stony Brook Medicine in the multidisciplinary treatment of cancer and endocrine problems of the head and neck, dysfunction of voice and swallowing, disorders of hearing and deafness, disorders of balance, dizziness and falling, and the diagnosis and management of diseases of the skull base.
We offer expertise in the following areas and services:
- Ears (Otology/Neurotology): diseases of the ear, including trauma (injury), cancer, and nerve pathway disorders, which affect hearing and balance.
- Nose and Sinuses (Rhinology), Mouth, and General ENT: disorders of the nose and sinuses.
- Throat (Laryngology): disorders of the throat, including voice and swallowing problems.
- Pediatric ENT: diseases in children with special problems related to the ear, nose, and throat, including birth defects in the head and neck and developmental delays.
- Head and Neck: cancerous and noncancerous tumors in the head and neck, including the thyroid and parathyroid and the skull base area.
- Allergy: treatment by medication, immunotherapy (allergy shots), and/or avoidance of pollen, dust, mold, food, and other sensitivities that affect the ear, nose, and throat.
- Speech Therapy: treatment of speech and language disorders.
- Audiology: treatment of hearing loss and prevention of related damage, including speech
Our ENT and head-and-neck specialists provide a full range of care for both adults and children. Following are comprehensive, but not all-inclusive, lists of services we provide.