Adult HIV Program
Under the leadership and extensive experience of Drs. Jack Fuhrer and Roy Steigbigel and with the support of an outstanding nurse practitioner staff, the Adult HIV Program attends to over 600 young adult and adult patients living with HIV ages 18 and up. For an appointment, please contact Ms. Jane Esteves at (631) 444-4705.
Peds ID/ Adolescent Medicine HIV Program
NYS Specialized Care Center provides comprehensive and coordinated primary care & specialty HIV care for patients from birth to age 25. For an appointment, please contact Melissa Shikora at (631) 444-8226.
- HIV Care
- Primary Care
- Mental Health Care
- Medical Case Management
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Multidisciplinary team with supportive services on-site
Rose Walton Care Services at The Edie Windsor Healthcare Center
Provides comprehensive medical, medical case management, and mental health services to patients ages 18+ living with HIV/AIDS. Also provides Rapid HIV Testing, STI Testing, and PrEP/PEP care. For an appointment, please contact (631) 287-5990.
- Works with patients during their medical appointments and in between visits, offering needed assistance and supportive counseling.
- Provides ongoing support, education, information and referral to ensure all medical needs are met and community based services are in place.
- Reviews all needs, issues and concerns while developing appropriate service plans and strategies to prevent patients from falling out of care.
For more information, please contact Melissa Shikora, LCSW at (631) 444-8226 or Evelyn Villegas (Se habla español) at (631) 444-7259.
Medical Nutrition Therapy:
Provides nutritional assessments, education, and treatment plans to meet nutritional needs of all eligible patients who are HIV positive seen for medical care at SBM, the David Rogers Center in Southampton, and by appointment for clients who live in Suffolk, but do not receive medical care at SBM.
- Cheryl Seifert, MS, RDN, CDN
- Maureen Simone, MS, RDN, CDN, CDE
Women & Maternal Child Medical Care
OB/GYN Medical Care & Women’s Care Coordination: Provides obstetrical and gynecological care as well as coordination of OB/GYN care including supportive services, education, & referrals for patients living with HIV at SBM. For an appointment, please contact Genevieve Dauble at (631) 369-8696 x 302. Se habla español.
HIV Exposed Infant Care: Provides medical care during the first 4-6 months of life to infants exposed to HIV with in utero. For an appointment, please call (631) 444-7692.