Women Infants And Children (WIC) Nutrition Program at Lake Grove
WIC provides nutritious foods, information on healthy eating, breastfeeding support and more for pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, and children under 5 years of age. The Stony Brook WIC Program prides itself on offering participant centered services to the families we serve.
WIC participants receive the following:
- Nutritious food packages that may include: infant formula, baby foods (fruits, vegetables, meat, cereal), milk, yogurt, tofu, cheese, eggs, beans, peanut butter, juice, canned fish, cereal, bread, pasta, rice, tortillas and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Nutrition education for prenatal and postpartum women.
- Nutrition education on how to feed infants and children to support healthy growth and development.
- Help and support with breastfeeding.
- Immunization screening and referrals to health care providers and community resources.
Program DirectorLauren G. Brand, MS, RDN, CLC
For full program details, visit the WIC website.
Advanced Specialty Care at Lake Grove
4 Smith Haven Mall
Lake Grove, NY 11755