|Stony Brook Dermatology Associates
1320 Stony Brook Road
Building F, Suite 200
Map & Directions
Stony Brook Dermatology Associates
You can also obtain directions by calling (631) 444-4200 and selecting option 4 at any time.
The office is open daily from 9 am-5 pm with voicemail available for incoming calls between noon and 1 pm.
Monday: 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 8:00am- 4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am- 4:30pm
Monday through Friday 8:00am- 4:00pm
- Either call us at (631) 444-4200 and select option 1, or request an appointment online using the MyHealtheLife patient portal.
- Email our call center staff @ email@example.com
- Please be prepared to provide all of your most current information to ensure we schedule your appointment properly.
What we will be asking for:
In order for us to deliver quality service we will need some important information from you:
- A completed New Patient Form. You can either fill this out in our office at your first visit, or click here to download and print the form to complete and bring with you to your visit.
- A brief description of the reason for your visit.
- Whether this is the first time you've been to Stony Brook Dermatology Associates.
- How you were referred to the practice and whether you were referred to see one of our faculty specifically.
- If not, whether you have a gender preference for ultimate comfort.
- Your insurance coverage so that we can schedule you with a provider who is participating in your plan.
Please have your insurance information available when you call. Although our physicians participate in most managed care plans, there are some insurance plans we are not participating with as a group. If your insurance carrier requires an authorization or referral, it is your responsibility to obtain payment approval prior to your visit. Our staff will provide you with your physician’s ID# to facilitate the referral process for your primary care physician (PCP).
We strongly recommend patients needing insurance referrals call our office at (631) 444-4200 option 1 the day before the visit to confirm we have received it from your PCP. Patients who come to their scheduled appointment without the requisite referral/authorization on file will either need to self-pay or to reschedule.
Patients are responsible for co-payments at the time of the office visit. In addition, patients will be responsible for any deductibles and payments for services not covered by the insurance plan(s) and for services the insurance company deems not "medically necessary."
- In general, commercial insurance and point of service (POS) plans do not require prior approvals. However, many managed care companies require electronically submitted authorizations from the subscriber's primary care physician.
- If you are unsure, PLEASE check with your primary care physician or insurance carrier to determine whether you require a referral under your particular policy. We strongly recommend you have your referral faxed to our office at (631) 638-4220 in advance of your appointment to ensure a seamless check-in.
In order to make the most of your appointment we suggest you bring the following items with you:
- Copies of your medical records e.g. biopsies or lab tests.
- A written summary of your medical history, list of medications, allergies and your symptoms.
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of all physicians with whom you wish us to communicate.
- Your insurance card so that we can scan it to the electronic medical record (EMR).
- If needed, have your referral or approval number available to avoid unnecessary delays in registration.
- A check or credit card to make your co-payment (cash is no longer accepted in most cases). Co-payments are due during check-in with registration.
We appreciate that your time is valuable and that you may have a busy schedule so we have created opportunities to add value by saving you time in the office:
- When you make your appointment you will be given the option of receiving required paperwork ahead of time via email, fax or regular mail so you can complete them at your leisure and come prepared.
- If you have not received your new patient registration package ahead of time, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete your paperwork in the office and register.
- You can always communicate with our office about appointment-related questions using our group email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to our practice, please print out and fill in a New Patient Form for the location where your appointment will be held. Be sure to bring this with you to your appointment. If you have any questions about the form, please call us at (631) 444-4200.
500 Commack Road
Click Here for New Patient Form, Commack.pdf
1320 Stony Brook Road
Building F, Suite 200
Click Here for New Patient Form, Stony Brook.pdf