Telehealth Services - COVID-19
At North Suffolk Cardiology, your health and safety are our top priorities. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure everyone's safety.
In response to this, we have added a Telehealth service to our practice so we can continue to serve your medical needs during this time.
Our platform is HIPAA secure and your physician can conduct your exam in a safe, virtual environment. Please call us at (631) 941-2000 to schedule your Telehealth visit. Same-day visits are available.
Looking for a cardiologist who speaks another language? Several of our cardiologists are bilingual. Please make your request known when you call to schedule an appointment if you have a need for a cardiologist who speaks any of the following languages: Greek, Russian, Spanish and American Sign Language.
Appointments may be scheduled at any of our four locations Monday through Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm with extended hours in our East Setauket location until 7:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
If you are a new patient, we ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment to complete all the necessary paperwork. To better serve your medical needs, we ask that you provide us with as much medical information as possible. Please consult with your primary care physician to release your medical records. They can be faxed to our main location or you may bring them to our office at the time of your appointment.
For your convenience, you can complete your paperwork in advance of your appointment. Your options are:
- Print and complete the forms listed beow
- Using Adobe Acrobat Reader, download, fill-in and print the forms below
- Request the forms to be mailed to your home
Once completed, remember to bring your forms with you to your appointment.
Good Faith Estimate
If you are uninsured, you have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call our office.
North Suffolk Cardiology currently works with over 30 major insurance companies. For your convenience, we accept cash, checks or credit cards for co-payments. Please be sure to bring your insurance card with you at the time of your appointment. If you are covered by an HMO, you must bring your referral with you. Our staff is always working on accommodating our patients and their insurance providers. Please call our office at (631) 941-2000 to find out if your carrier is on our continuously expanding list of providers.
- Aetna/US Healthcare (not Flexible Five or Upfront Advantage)
- Aetna International
- Aetna Meritain Health
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Student Health
- Aetna Workers' Comp
- Affinity Health Plan - Medicaid (not Essential)
- Affinity Medicare Passport Essentials
- Affinity Medical Passport Essentials NYC
- Affinity Medicare Ultimate
- Affinity Medicare Solutions
- AgeWell NY
- Alicare Local 277
- Beech Street
- CenterLight Healthcare (Comprehensive Care Management)
- Champ VA
- Cigna Healthcare (Open Access)
- Emblem Healthcare Partners Essential Plan
- Empire BC/BS
- Empire BC/BS Anthem
- Empire BC/BS Excellus
- Empire BC/BS Federal
- Empire BC/BS Senior Plan (Mediblue) (not Select)
- Empire BC/BS Senior Plan (Mediblue HealthPlus HMO, HealthPlus Dual or Plus)
- Empire BC/BS Suffolk County
- Empire Blue Access (non-local plans)
- Empire Blue Healthplus (formerly Healthplus Amerigroup)
- Fidelis Medicaid (not Essential)
- GEHA through Aetna Signature Administrators
- GHI CBP
- GHI HMO
- GHI Medicare
- Great West Healthcare (Cigna)
- Healthfirst (including HNP and SHP) (not Essential)
- HealthNet Federal Services (Tricare)
- HealthSmart (WTC Health Program)
- HIP Medicaid
- HIP (Healthcare Partners)
- HIP/Emblem Essential Plan
- HIP/Emblem Select Care
- HIP (Vytra VHLI/VHS/VHMS)
- HIP VIP Bold Medicare
- HIP VIP Prime
- HIP VIP Prime Medicare
- Humana through GHI Network Access
- Island Group Administrators
- Oxford Freedom (UHC) (not Metro)
- Oxford Liberty (UHC) (not Metro)
- PACE Benefit Plan (CenterLight Healthcare)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Home Health
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- UHC All Savers
- UHC Care Improvement
- UHC Choice/UHC Choice Plus
- UHC Community Plan (not Essential)
- UHC Compass Exchange
- UHC Compass Rose
- UHC Definity
- UHC Golden Rule
- UHC Harvard Pilgrim
- UHC Health One
- UHC International
- UHC Medica Passport
- UHC Options
- UHC Optum Veterans Affairs Community Care Program
- UHC Select Plus
- UHC Shared Services (formerly Integrated Services)
- UHC Student Services
- UMR United Healthcare
- United/Empire Plan (NYSHIP)
- US Family Health Plan
- Veterans Choice Program
- Workers' Comp
This plan list is accurate as of February 2021. Please contact the office for more information should your health plan not be listed. Should North Suffolk Cardiology not participate with your insurance company, we will attempt to make coverage arrangements with your health plan as an out-of-network patient.
Insurance plan participation may change over time. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we recommend that you confirm participation status with your insurance carrier or our office. Please note that insurance plan participation requirements may be waived when a patient receives medical treatment in an emergency.