Care for children with kidney diseases and high blood pressure
The Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension at Stony Brook Children's offers the most advanced care available in Suffolk County.
Advanced Specialty Care
500 Commack Road, Suite 104
Commack, NY 11725
- Acute and chronic kidney disorders
- Hypertension (higher than normal blood pressure
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Nephritis (inflammation of the kidneys)
- Congenital abnormalities of the kidney and urinary tract
- Nephrosis and nephrotic syndrome (kidney disease
- Renal artery stenosis (narrowing of one of the kidney’s arteries)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (acute kidney failure associated with destruction of red blood cells and platelets)
- Renal failure (loss of kidney function)
Specialties offered at our Commack office:
- Comprehensive diagnosis and management of pediatric kidney diseases
- Comprehensive diagnosis and management of pediatric hypertension including family education, counseling and lifestyle and medical management
Pediatric Nephrology team members include physicians, dialysis nurses, and other medical professionals with pediatric nephrology expertise. The team works closely with other pediatric specialty departments at Stony Brook, in particular pediatric surgery, pediatric urology, and transplantation services, to provide state-of-the-art, compassionate and family-centered care.
For more information about our specialties, and other practice locations visit our website.