Who we are:
The board certified family physicians in the medical group are all faculty members in the Division of Family and Community Medicine. They emphasize a commitment to comprehensive and family-oriented care on a continuing basis. They provide primary care at the Family Practice Centers in East Setauket and Patchogue.
Our medical group is a NCQA recognized patient-centered medical home, meaning we practice a model of care designed to strengthen relationships between you and your care team. Our team approach works to establish a long term healing relationship with you. The patient-centered medical home results in more personalized, coordinated and efficient care for you and your family.
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA’s Web site (www.ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more informed health care choices.
- To treat each patient with kindness and respect.
- To provide our patients with evidence-based, high quality, patient-centered medical care.
- To promote self-management of chronic diseases through counseling and education.
- To encourage a healthy lifestyle which includes a proper diet, exercise, smoking cessation and safe use of medication.
- To offer patients good continuity and coordination of care across health settings from infancy to end-of-life.
- To provide equal access to care for everyone.
- To respect each patient's right to privacy.
- Care for common illnesses
- Care for chronic illness
- Well-child and adolescent care
- Geriatric care
- Women's health
- Men's health
- Sports medicine
- Wellness and prevention
- Nutritional counseling and therapy
- Behavioral health and counseling services
- Take part in your care by telling us your needs and concerns.
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please call our office to reschedule as soon as possible.
- Patients that repeatedly "no show" may be discharged from our practice.
- Be sure to ask for refills when you are in for your appointment. Quantities should be sufficient to last until your next visit. Certain medications will NOT be prescribed or refilled over the phone
- Prescription refill requests should be called in to your pharmacy. THey will contact us electronically to request your refill.
- Let us know when you see other providers and which medications they put you on or change.
For emergencies that cannot wait, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Non-urgent messages left with our office after hours will be returned by the end of the next business day. To establish your Patient Portal account, speak with our office staff during your next visit to your doctor's office.
Our physicians participate with most major health insurance carriers. For up-to-date insurance information on our physicians, click on the provider name below.
Visit NYS of Health website or call (855) 355-5777 if you need affordable health insurance.
Website Helps Uninsured Secure Health insurance: http://coverage4healthcare.org
Stony Brook Family Medical Group - East Setauket, New York, 11733
181 N. Belle Mead Road, Suite 2
Mon: 8:00 am-7:30 pm
Telephone: (631) 444-5858
Stony Brook Family Medical Group - Patchogue, New York, 11772
31 Oak Street, Suite 3
Mon, Tues: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Telephone: (631) 638-1750
- Jeanine Morelli, MD
- Kamalpreet Buttar, MD
- Louis Verardo, MD
- Gerald Kelly, DO,
- Donna Meltzer, MD
- Susan Debevoise, DO
- Gretchen Mockler, MD
- Manal Soliman, MD
- Howard Sussman, MD
- Vivica Vollmer, MD
- Katherine Wightman, MD
- Robert Bobrow, MD
- Jedan Phillips, MD
- Wendy Pollack, NP
- Sultana Rahman, MD
- Sarah Cheek, MD
- Margaret Schweigert, NP
- Assunta DiValentino, DO
- Donna Trees-Barker, NP
Stony Brook Family Medicine is a renowned training institution for student doctors and healthcare providers. Our faculty consists of leaders in both clinical practice and medical education. The teaching aspects of our medical home practice help to improve healthcare delivery by ensuring the continuity of your care. This is one of our highest priorities and it is fostered by this team approach.