Hearing and Balance
- Difficulty hearing
- Determine cochlear implant candidacy
- History of ear infections
- Family history of hearing loss
- Tinnitus (perception of noise in the ears)
- Vertigo/Dizziness/Balance problems
- Noise exposure
- Head or ear trauma
- History of medications known to cause hearing loss.
- Failed hearing screening
- Children with delayed speech and language
- Children referred by a physician for Auditory Processing
Speech, Language, Swallowing, Feeding, and Voice
- Problems with chewing and/or swallowing
- Refusal and/or avoidance of certain food textures
- Change in voice or inefficient voice production
- Gender Affirming Voice
- Reduced communication skills after neurological injury
- Difficulty with speech production
- Difficulty with language expression and comprehension
- Voice restoration after tracheostomy or laryngeal cancer surgery
For appointments, call (631) 444-4191. Have your insurance cards ready when you call.
Billing and Insurance
Speech and Hearing is an outpatient service of Stony Brook Hospital. Please contact your insurance carrier directly to determine if you have speech and hearing coverage and/or have a deductible for outpatient hospital services.
The Hospital participates with most major insurance carriers:
All speech and some audiology appointments require a prescription. Medicare requires a specific order form for speech and swallow evaluations. You may contact the Department for more information.