Hearing and Balance
- Suspicion of hearing loss and/or auditory processing problems
- Difficulty with speech and language development
- History of ear infections
- Family history of hearing loss
- Noise exposure
- Head or ear trauma
- Ototoxic medications
- Failed hearing screening
Speech, Language, Swallowing, Feeding, and Voice
- Reduced communication skills after neurological injury
- Difficulty with speech production
- Difficulty with language expression and comprehension
- Problems with chewing and/or swallowing
- Change in voice or inefficient voice production
- Voice restoration after tracheostomy or laryngeal cancer surgery
For appointments, call (631) 444-4191. Have your insurance cards ready when you call.
Billing and Insurance
Our services are billed under outpatient hospital. Please contact your insurance carrier directly to determine if you have speech and hearing coverage and/or have a deductible for outpatient hospital services.
The Hospital participates with most major insurance carriers:
All speech and some audiology appointments require a prescription. Medicare requires specific order form for speech and swallow evaluations. You may contact the Department for more information.