Stony Brook Medicine is now offering Telehealth visits, which will allow our patients to receive our high-quality care from the safety and privacy of their home. To see if your needs can be met virtually, please call your physician’s office.
If you have already booked a Telehealth visit and have questions about connecting to Microsoft Teams for your visit, please call one of our representatives at (631) 638-0597, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. They will be happy to assist you. If you require support outside of these hours, please review the steps below to ensure your appointment goes smoothly.
PLAN FOR YOUR TELEHEALTH VISIT
- Ensure your mobile smartphone is ready
- Battery is charged or device connected to a power source
- Internet connection — either cellular or Wi-Fi
- Access to your email
- Download Microsoft Teams from the App Store before the visit
- Once downloaded, close the app.
- Ensure you received a confirmation email for your visit
- If you're unable to find the confirmation, please check your Spam or Junk folder
TO START YOUR VISIT:
- Click on the “Join Teams Meeting” link on the email invite
- Do Not open the Microsoft Teams App
- Select “Join as a Guest”
HELPFUL INFO ON WHAT TO EXPECT: