|Stony Brook Medicine employees were honored at the Long Island Business News'|
Achievements in Health Care awards ceremony. From left (seated): Mark Latino; Kimberly Noel, MD, MPH;
Alison Rowe MS, RN, NEA-BC, CEN; and James Vosswinkel, MD, FACS; (standing) Chuck Mikell, MD;
Gerald Kelly, DO; and Apostolos Tassiopoulos, MD, FACS. Not pictured: Joanna Chikwe, MD, FRCS
Stony Brook Medicine was recognized with eight awards at Long Island Business News' Achievements in Health Care awards ceremony on Nov. 21. This annual event honors the people and organizations whose tireless work, contributions and dedication to healing and caring ensure the well-being of everyone on Long Island.
Interim Chief Nursing Officer and Chief of Regulatory Affairs Carolyn Santora, MS, RN, NEA-BC, CSHA, CPHQ, served as a presenter during the event and introduced the honorees from Stony Brook. "It was an honor for me to attend this ceremony and see so many Stony Brook staff members' work acknowledged. I was very proud that the excellence, skill and dedication of these doctors, nurses and our volunteer were recognized."
Congratulations to all of Stony Brook's award recipients:
- Joanna Chikwe, MD, FRCS, Co-Director, Stony Brook University Heart Institute, and Chief, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Gerald Kelly, DO, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Mark Latino, Volunteer, Child Life Program
- Chuck Mikell, MD, Co-Director, Movement Disorders Center
- Kimberly Noel, MD, MPH, Department of Family, Population and Preventive Medicine
- Alison Rowe, MS, RN, NEA-BC, CEN, Associate Director of Nursing, Emergency and Cardiac Services
- Apostolos Tassiopoulos, MD, FACS, Chief, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- James Vosswinkel, MD, FACS, Medical Director, Stony Brook University Trauma Center, and Chief, Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care