All international visiting and exchange students, students in the Study Abroad program, and faculty and staff who are traveling should consult with campus departments or program officials when planning your trip and review the travel guidelines and advisories on the websites noted below.
During Your Trip:
- Take everyday actions to stay healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based gels are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you are sick. CDC recommends that you stay home for 7 days after symptoms begin or at least 24 hours after symptoms are gone (whichever is longer). you should also limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Avoid contact with ill persons.
- Stay informed.
- Practice healthy habits to prevent the spread of flu (see Treatment & Prevention Tips).
After Your Trip:
- Closely monitor your health for 7 days.
- If you become ill with fever and other symptoms of the flu, stay at home or your place of residence for at least 24 hours after there is no longer a fever, avoid contact with others and contact a healthcare provider or Student Health Services if your symptoms worsen.